Acting/Scene Study (ongoing, 4-week cycle)
- script analysis
- character development
- cold reading
- scenes and monologues from tv and film scripts for 4 weeks
- on-camera mock auditions
- career advice
Character development techniques encourage students to be fearless as they invite the character in.
Every class begins with Spolin improv warm-ups and curiosity exercises to encourage actors to see the world from a fresh perspective without imposing one’s personal history on the characters.
- Recommended prerequisite: Commercial 1 or at least 2 years working in a major market
- 14 students
- Teacher: Kimberly Jurgen
- $400 for 8 weeks – new students commit to two 4-week cycles
- 7.00-10.00 pm each Monday, ongoing classes at CBAA Studio
- Prepared actors work every class; no makeup classes
- Auditors allowed only at the first class of each 4-week cycle. New students join on the first class of a 4-week cycle.
This live seminar is an introduction to the CBAA acting technique and will reveal steps to connect with your character at the deepest level. After all, your character is just a stranger you haven’t made friends with. Yet. And as you read a script, you may immediately see things you have in common or you may not recognize yourself in the character at all. This technique will help you peel back the layers and ask the questions that will make that character your new best friend.
We will also discuss business strategies which will assist you in finding representation, working with your rep and getting auditions on your own.
Volunteers will receive on-the-spot coaching with CBAA owner and teacher, Kimberly Jürgen.
- Seating is on a first-come basis. Free street parking.
- Personal recording of the seminar is not permitted.