SCENE STUDY (ongoing, 4-week cycle)
Mondays, Nov 12, 7.00 – 10.00 pm
This ongoing Scene Study class develops the actor’s ability to listen and live truthfully. Moment to moment. To dive into character and live fully in that character’s world. This technique helps the actor understand and connect with all elements of a scene.
Each 4 week term goes from casting to booking. Encouraging students to be fearless as they invite a character in.
Every class begins with Spolin improv warm-ups and curiosity exercises to encourage actors to see the world from a fresh perspective without imposing their own history on the characters.
- Week 1, students work on monologues or with a scene partner to develop cold reading techniques.
- Week 2, students work with a reader in mock auditions.
- Week 3, students work on callback and chemistry tests techniques.
- On the 4th week, students work on booking techniques.
Periodically scenes or monologues will be recorded for class viewing.
- Prerequisite: Commercial 1 or at least 2 years working in a major market
- 14 students
- Teacher: Kimberly Jurgen
- $200 for 4 weeks (not eligible for discounts)
- 7.00-10.00 pm each Monday, ongoing classes at On Your Mark Studios
- Prepared actors work every class; no makeup classes
- Auditors allowed only at the first class.
This live seminar is an introduction to the CBAA acting technique and will reveal steps to connect with your character at the deepest level. After all, your character is just a stranger you haven’t made friends with. Yet. And as you read a script, you may immediately see things you have in common or you may not recognize yourself in the character at all. This technique will help you peel back the layers and ask the questions that will make that character your new best friend.
We will also discuss business strategies which will assist you in finding representation, working with your rep and getting auditions on your own.
Volunteers will receive on-the-spot coaching with CBAA owner and teacher, Kimberly Jürgen.
- Whitmore-Lindley Theatre, 11006 W Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood
- Seating is on a first-come basis. Free street parking.
- Personal recording of the seminar is not permitted.