SCENE STUDY (ongoing, 4-week cycle)
Mondays, October 8, 7.00 – 10.00 pm
This ongoing Scene Study class develops the actor’s ability to listen and live truthfully. Moment to moment. To dive into their character and live fully in the character’s world. This technique helps the actor understand and connect with all elements of a scene.
Each class begins with an improv warm-up. Students work on monologues or with a scene partner for 3 weeks. On the 4th week, students work with a reader in mock auditions.
- Week 1, students work on monologues or with a scene partner to develop cold reading techniques.
- Week 2, students work on auditioning techniques.
- Week 3 is booking techniques.
- On the 4th week, students work with a reader in mock auditions.
Periodically scenes or monologues will be recorded for class viewing.
- Prerequisite: Commercial 1 or at least 2 years working in a major market
- 14 students
- Teacher: Kimberly Jurgen
- $200 for 4 weeks (not eligible for discounts)
- 7.00-10.00 pm each Monday, ongoing classes in the Valley
- Prepared actors work every class; no makeup classes
This live seminar is an introduction to the CBAA acting technique and will reveal steps to connect with your character at the deepest level. After all, your character is just a stranger you haven’t made friends with. Yet. And as you read a script, you may immediately see things you have in common or you may not recognize yourself in the character at all. This technique will help you peel back the layers and ask the questions that will make that character your new best friend.
We will also discuss business strategies which will assist you in finding representation, working with your rep and getting auditions on your own.
Volunteers will receive on-the-spot coaching with CBAA owner and teacher, Kimberly Jürgen.
- Whitmore-Lindley Theatre, 11006 W Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood
- Seating is on a first-come basis. Free street parking.
- Personal recording of the seminar is not permitted.