Sunday, April 29, 10.00 – 11.30 am
This live seminar is an introduction to the CBAA acting technique and will reveal steps to connect with your character at the deepest level. After all, your character is just a stranger you haven’t made friends with. Yet. And as you read a script, you may immediately see things you have in common or you may not recognize yourself in the character at all. This technique will help you peel back the layers and ask the questions that will make that character your new best friend.
We will also discuss business strategies which will assist you in finding representation, working with your rep and getting auditions on your own.
Volunteers will receive on-the-spot coaching with CBAA owner and teacher, Kimberly Jürgen.
- Whitmore-Lindley Theatre, 11006 W Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood
- Seating is on a first-come basis. Free street parking.
- Personal recording of the seminar is not permitted.
SCENE STUDY (ongoing)
Mondays, May 7, 2018
This ongoing Scene Study class develops the actor’s ability to listen and live truthfully. To dive into their character and live in the character’s skin. By trusting their instincts, actors are present in the moment and stay out of their heads. Rather than following a single acting technique, this class draws on Meisner, Chekhov, Alexander and Spolin to help the actor connect with all elements of a scene.
Each class begins with an improv warm-up. Students work on monologues or with a scene partner for 3 weeks. On the 4th week, students work with a reader in mock auditions. Periodically scenes or monologues will be recorded for class viewing.
- Prerequisite: Commercial 1 or at least 2 years working in a major market
- 14 students
- Teacher: Kimberly Jurgen
- $200 for 4 weeks (not eligible for discounts)
- 7.00-10.00 pm each Monday, ongoing classes in the Valley
- Prepared actors work every class; no makeup classes