HOW TO… HIT THE GROUND RUNNING
Wednesdays, 17 July, 2019 ~~ 7.00 – 10.00 pm (evening class)
Mondays, 26 August ~~ 11.00 am – 2.00 pm (day class)
Carolyne Barry wrote Hit the Ground Running to empower and guide actors. In this workshop, HTGR serves as the textbook to prepare the new actor and to refocus the experienced actor whose career needs a little kick. At the end of four weeks, each actor will have a clear five year plan and a blueprint for personalized marketing materials and business essentials, as well as a strategy for submissions and auditions. Then, one month later, each student meets privately with Kimberly to evaluate their progress and keep them on track.
Material covered includes: creating a budget, determining your type, headshot success secrets, resumes, interning, packaging you as the product, cover letters, choosing teachers and types of training, networking, securing agents and managers, and creating the career you want. Plus extensive, valuable tips and techniques for commercial and theatrical auditions.
- Week 1: Create your personalized plan for success
- Week 2: Be competitive in a crowded marketplace
- Week 3: Get the job
- Week 4: Put it all together for a longterm career
- Month 2: Evaluate and keep running
Tuition includes a copy of the book and a new class workbook for materials, worksheets and homework assignments. Students should be prepared for extensive homework.
- up to Five Students
- Teacher: Kimberly Jürgen
- $450 for four group classes plus 1/2 hour private with Kimberly
The ‘Hit the Ground Running’ course was a huge eye opener for me. It showed me different important aspects to the industry that I hadn’t even been aware of. Kimberly’s small and intimate class size allowed us to really dive into the details of our own careers and figure out how best to propel them forward. – Christopher
Meet our career and scene study teacher and discover innovative career tools to help you succeed. At this free seminar, you will learn tips to help with your marketing and strategic plans. Volunteers will receive on-the-spot career coaching. Seminar will be led by CBAA owner and teacher, Kimberly Jürgen.
- CBAA Studio, 14827 Ventura Blvd, Ste 222, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
- Seating is on a first-come basis. Free off-street parking
- Personal recording of the seminar is not permitted
DEMYSTIFYING SOCIAL MEDIA: How to Build an Online Footprint to Increase Your Bookings or Business and Advance Your Career
In this two-day social media intensive, participants will learn how to promote their brand and take an active role in building their social media footprint (and, as a result, bookings or business) through the top social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogging and more). Taught by former publicist/blogger and best-selling/award-winning author Lisa Jey Davis, this workshop will take away the mystery of social media, and enable participants to build a solid, socially visible brand.
In this workshop, participants will hear solid testimonials:
- Hear about the Etsy shop owner who streamlined her business plan to include a focused social media strategy, which resulted in an increase in followers of FIVE-FOLD! Not only that, based on things she learned through similar social media course-work, the shop owner was hired by a national clothing company as a stylist and content manager to handle photo shoots and create engaging content (including travel to fun places like Miami).
- Learn how a Marrakech food tour business carved a niche and saw 100% of their sales and conversions come solely from Social Media and blogging, and how they went from $0 to 100,000 in revenue in the first year, with absolutely no advertising.
- Hear how a prominent lifestyle brand’s sales grew exponentially after spending a concerted effort improving their Instagram feed. Find out how they’ve sold more licenses, made more connections and received more conversions than ever, because of an improved social media presence.
ARTS / ACTING / FITNESS / CREATIVE
- Learn how Lisa Jey Davis’ blogging and social media engagement resulted in invitations to audition for two national television shows (one as a prominent “mommy blogger” and one as a “ fitness enthusiast”).
- Hear how one blogger/”Tweeter” created the most engagement on a video for a major car brand, and won a new car. This same influence also earned her countless perks like free clothing, payment for sponsored blog posts and much more!
- Learn of one actress who was contacted by casting directors to audition for a new show after they saw her comments on twitter.
Learn a solid working-knowledge of how things work in Social Media, and how to make it work for them:
- Learn the basic must-do’s and definite don’ts for each of the top social media platforms, and be given very useful “advanced” tips to help you post like a pro and see real results.
- Gain insight into posting effective content that gets “seen.”
- Get help setting up a professional/business profile on a top platform (such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)or tweak your already existing profiles for maximum results.
- Learn how to integrate your posts across platforms.
- Learn how to utilize scheduling programs and apps to create around-the-clock presence.
- Learn how to determine your audience and the best times to reach them.
- The ins and outs of the top social media platforms, and which platforms are best for varying industries, results and purposes.
- Learn tips for increasing followers and engagement.
- Get a primer on sponsored posts (and determine if they’re for you).
- Receive usable templates and documents including social media Editorial Calendar and schedule, and other useful tools.
This workshop is ideal for business owners, actors, hosts, speakers, authors, fitness professionals, YouTubers and anyone who wants to learn how to directly connect with their audience, clients, casting directors, producers and more… and increase their overall success!
- 25 Students
- Teacher: Lisa Jey Davis
- Saturday & Sunday